Preventive Care Practice
Due to the ongoing economic downturn, increases in human health care, and as a way for us to help keep more pets happy and healthy, the first Saturday of each month will be dedicated to our preventive care practice. On this day, we will offer preventive care services with no exam fee, so that those who have been effected by these tough economic times can continue to provide basic preventive care to their furry friends.
2017 Upcoming Dates:
Walk-In Appointments Only
Hours: 8am to 12pm
Here is a brief overview of what will occur during these visits:
- No appointments will be taken on these days. Services will be provided on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- New client will be asked to fill out our new client form. You can print this form from our website and fill it out at home to help shorten your wait time.
- A veterinary assistant will collect a simple patient history for each pet that you may bring. This will include diet, previous vaccination history, parasite prevention, and any recent health issues. If you can bring a copy of your pet's most current preventive care history, this can be very helpful.
- At this time, we will also go over services that will be offered and help you make the selection that is in the best interest of your pet's health.
- After collecting the history, the assistance will accompany your pet to the treatment room, while you remain in the consultation room. At this time, the veterinarian will perform a limited exam to ensure that your pet is healthy enough to receive the selected services and obtain samples, if needed, for heartworm and intestinal parasite testing.
- After completing the services, the assistant will return your pet to you and go over any findings or recommendations. You may also purchase heartworm prevention and flea and tick control if needed. The heartworm prevention will only be dispensed if a heartworm test was performed and the test results were below detectable limits.
The examination that is provided during the preventive care practice is only sufficient to determine your pet's general health and ensure he or she is well enough for preventive care. It is not intended as a substitute for a comprehensive wellness examination, which includes a thorough medical history, medical history review, complete physical exam, and veterinary consultation with recommendations to help improve the overall health and quality of life for your pet. The preventive care practice is also not sufficient to meet our requirements needed to refill any medication other than heartworm preventitive and parasite control.
Also, only annual vaccinations will be offered during this clinic. Vaccine titers and 3 year vaccines are considered to be safer for our pets, but in order to keep the costs low, this will not be available.
Here is the pricing for services that will be offered:
*No other discounts or coupons will be allowed during the Preventive Care Clinic*
DAPP (puppies under 11 weeks of age): $15
Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza
DAPPL (puppies over 11 weeks and adults): $20
Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Leptosporosis
Bordatella (Kennel cough): $17.50
Canine Influenza: $25
Rabies (1 year): $15
Canine Heartworm Test Only: $25
Feline viral rhinotracheitis (herpes), Panleukopenia, Calicivirus
Feline Leukemia: $20
Recommended for cats that spend any time outside or exposed to cats that go outside
Rabies (1 year): $15
FeLV/FIV Test: $36.68
Test for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (Kitty AIDs)
Intestinal parasite exam(stool sample required): $25
Microchipping(including registration): $30
Pedicure (minimal restraint required): $12
Heartworm preventives, flea and tick products, and deworming medication will be available. Prices are subject to the products chosen and the weight of the pet.
Advanced Care Veterinary Hospital offers our patient form(s) online so you can complete it in the convenience of your own home or office.
- If you do not already have AdobeReader® installed on your computer, Click Here to download.
- Download the necessary form(s), print it out and fill in the required information.
- Fax us your printed and completed form(s) or bring it with you to your appointment.
Canine Preventive Care Form
Feline Preventive Care Form
If you have any other questions,
please call us at 918-224-1900 for more information.